Well, I got this little guy up and running fairly smoothly. I'm aware its not breaking any speed records, other than my personal best but I think I can get it going faster as I have not done much to tune the line following PID constants.
Approximately 25 cm/s according to homemade encoders and I can push the motors up to about 75 cm/s with this amount of weight while maintaining some power headroom for speed regulation so I'm thinking I can get this significantly faster.
I think the biggest limitations at this point is the number of sensors I put in the array (5) limiting my range of error values and the fact I am using LDRs which don't respond that fast to light changes. At least I think my control loop is running faster than the sensor's resistance changes in response to light changes.
Suggestions and comments welcome!Robot doing another lap.
That is odd, the video works in the preview.
Now it works here to.