Author Topic: How to make an electronic gadget  (Read 870 times)

Offline donman2318Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
How to make an electronic gadget
« on: October 25, 2011, 01:36:49 AM »
I want to make a breathalizer for my car.  Currently there are a dozen or so vendors that "lease/rent" these devices on behalf of state governments as requirements for DUI convictions.  I simply want to make one.

Can anyone give me ideas on how to get a printed circuit assembly that accepts my Visual Basic .NET program and executes the program code.  The program completes with a signal to enable ignition of the car.

My question is: If I have hardware that accepts a breath sample and generates a Blood Alcohol Content, displayed on an simple screen.  Can I get a "PCA/PCD" that I can link into this system to enable/disable a circuit?

Any hints are most welcome.  Thanks

Offline peterb

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Re: How to make an electronic gadget
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 06:58:55 AM »
Hello,

Can anyone give me ideas on how to get a printed circuit assembly that accepts my Visual Basic .NET program and executes the p
ogram code.  The program completes with a signal to enable ignition of the car

Probably you can buy a netbook with windows or there were ITX motherboards some years ago, or a mobile phone with windows. I am not sure, but I think, that .net needs a lot of resources (ram, processor, etc.). In a car, there are many places for a computer and the car's accumulator have enough power for it.

Peter

Offline joe61

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 16
Re: How to make an electronic gadget
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 08:23:23 AM »
Can anyone give me ideas on how to get a printed circuit assembly that accepts my Visual Basic .NET program and executes the program code.

Much as I loathe all things Microsoft, there is such a beast - http://netduino.com/

Joe

Get Your Ad Here

data_list