Author Topic: Better electronics/circuitry tutorial?  (Read 575 times)

Offline kaymationTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Better electronics/circuitry tutorial?
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »
Hi, i am trying to follow the 50$ robot tutorial, and although i can follow the instructions in the tutorial to the word, it really isnt helpful because it does not explain WHY one should do what the tutorial says to do.  I was wondering if anyone knew of any better circuitry tutorials, which would teach me exactly how circuity works.

Thanks

Kevin

Offline mstacho

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 10
Re: Better electronics/circuitry tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:37:57 AM »
All About Circuits http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/ is pretty good.  I would recommend going in steps according to a real project, rather than just reading the whole website, though :-P For example, if a DC motor has a capacitor soldered onto it, look for the reason why "backwards": "What is the capacitor doing?  Why is it needed?  How do capacitors work?" rather than "How do capacitors work?  Why is it needed?  What is it doing?" 

I know that's a bit counter-intuitive, but circuits is a big field, and I personally find that learning by answering a specific question helps me more than learning the general theory and then seeing how ti applies.   Of course, it's all up to your learning style!

MIKE
Current project: tactile sensing systems for multifingered robot hands

Offline kaymationTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 11:19:54 AM »
thanks, i think ill just dive in headfirst to a few projects, i bet ill be able to understand the flow of logic better after that, as i know the physics behind circuits, it more the flow of logic and how exactly it works in a circuit that confused me.  Obviosly things like this may have a bit of preference involved, so it should be helpful for me to develope my own style!

Offline ahudak

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »
Hi,

Radio Shack has or had a number of small books 20 to 30 pages, on all the basic electronic components how they work and what they do.  Maybe they will help you out.

Art   

Get Your Ad Here

data_list