Electronics > Electronics

Axon 2 problems

<< < (2/2)

briselec:

--- Quote from: Admin on October 17, 2012, 09:03:37 PM ---The marquee will only turn on if you program it to turn on. Does your program use the marquee?

--- End quote ---

Really? Mine came on when I first turned the board on, before I had written a single line of code.

I believe the OP's father meant that putting the board on the computer case may cause a short between the solder joints on the back of the board. I would point out that antistatic bags are slightly conductive( that's how they do their job) whereas computer cases are painted so moving the board from the computer case to the antistatic bag was actually going from bad to worse.

Admin:

--- Quote from: briselec on January 04, 2013, 03:06:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Admin on October 17, 2012, 09:03:37 PM ---The marquee will only turn on if you program it to turn on. Does your program use the marquee?

--- End quote ---

Really? Mine came on when I first turned the board on, before I had written a single line of code.

--- End quote ---
Yeap, that's the test program running. I assumed Sherlock-holmes2 overwrote it.

--- Quote ---I believe the OP's father meant that putting the board on the computer case may cause a short between the solder joints on the back of the board. I would point out that antistatic bags are slightly conductive( that's how they do their job) whereas computer cases are painted so moving the board from the computer case to the antistatic bag was actually going from bad to worse.
--- End quote ---
Although true, I often use my mcu's on anti-static bags without a problem. I like to program my bots while stretched out on the carpeted floor with a pillow, so gotta put it on something :P

jwatte:

--- Quote ---my electronics course in undergrad mentioned nothing of non-instant damage
--- End quote ---

You probably weren't working with CMOS circuits and MOSFET transistors. The old-school BJT transistors and TTL circuits are much less susceptible to ESD damage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version