I'm crazy, because I'm hoping to enter RoboGames 2013 with two different projects! My main project is a wheeled rover doing RoboMagellan.
My youngest son saw Mech Warefare last year, and really got into it. He wants to compete. And, because I like building robots, I figured I'd build one for him to compete with :-)
Here's the 'mech, which I call Onyx, walking under its own power for the first time:https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs2hnwnm7yyvdv4/2013-01-13%2014.12.00.mp4
- 4000 mAh 14.8V LiPo battery
- Raspberry Pi with WiFi adapter for remote control and high-level IK (walking is IK based, moving the ground contact point in a straight line)
- Atmega32u4 for low-level servo control, USB connected to Raspberry
- Robotis MX-64T servos, 3DOF per leg
- Custom frames and feet milled in aluminum
- Custom code for the Atmega and the RPi (the RPi also runs Arch Linux)
- Control computer runs Linux, and an Xbox 360 controller for input
For MW, I also need to add a webcam, and two airsoft guns, on a turning/pivoting tower.