Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

HV Shielding for wheeled robot

I am doing an university project that consists in building a robot that operates in a AC to DC convertor. The robot has to work under HV environment. I am looking at possibilities of shielding the electronics of this robot. Can you give me any suggestions or links to look at? Also, will ultrasonic sensors work in such an environment. I could not find any evidence that shows that this is not possible.

Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Many thanks!!!

Assuming you don't get electric interference, both infrared and ultrasonic sensors should work even though there is a high voltage potential in the air.
Although, if you're building something intended for such an environment, I'd hope that you already had a thorough knowledge of the environment, or involved a professional who does.
Can you build the robot as a Faraday cage, say out of metal wire mesh?

Thanks for the reply! I am using the NI starter kit. I have shielded the motherboard with conductive material cases and plan to use a grill type screen for the sensors. I am not sure about the motors. I assume that they are shielded. They are PITSCO 12V DC motors.

Otherwise, I plan to build a casing to cover all the robot (as you said a Faraday cage). The problem is that I also have a ZIgBee module with antenna that needs casing. The antenna apparently works under HV environment. I use the ZigBee to control the robot wirelessly.

[0] Message Index

Go to full version