Electronics > Electronics

35k motor

<< < (2/3) > >>

olivthill:
Voltage? Ampere? Weight? DC/AC? Time without a reload?

LiPo batteries are quite popular. I like them.
LiPo means lithium-ion polymer. They are light compared to others and can deliver 1 to 10 amperes which is quite good.
The drawbacks are they need a special charger and they can burn.

NiMh (nickel–metal hydride battery) is the second option.
They are heavier, but they are a little safer.

newInRobotics:
Probably cheapest batteries You can get are SLA type. They can take fair amount of abuse as well and then be recovered by well built charger. The biggest downside I see is that they are very big and very heavy (compared to other common types of batteries).

jwatte:
Cheap, heavy, safe: Sealed Lead Acid (SLA)
Lightweight, some safety problems (see recent groundings of Boeing Dreamliners): Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
Medium cost, medium weight, safe: Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
Lightweight, very few safety problems, more expensive: Lithium Ferrous Phosphate (LiFePO4)

I use LiPo for my small, walking robot, and LiFePO4 for my larger, rolling robot.
Here's an example of a reasinabke LiPo battery for a 12V motor driven robot: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-5500-3s1p.html If your motor draws 10 amps when running, this battery will give you about half an hour of runtime. If you need more runtime, add more batteries in parallel.
Make sure you have a charger that can charge a LiPo battery correctly.

[email protected]:
Link not working,
could you tell me the battery specifications...?  :)

newInRobotics:

--- Quote from: [email protected] on February 22, 2013, 12:23:58 AM ---Link not working,
--- End quote ---
At least for me  link is working fine :)

--- Quote from: [email protected] on February 22, 2013, 12:23:58 AM ---could you tell me the battery specifications...?
--- End quote ---
You did not provide us with any motor specs, so how can we provide You with battery specs? They are related. If You want You motors to simply run, then get any matching voltage battery. If You want motors to run for specific amount of time, You need to know how much current motor is using under specific load conditions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version