General Misc > Misc

Projects blowing up in your face!

(1/3) > >>

Azraels:
Just reversed the polarity on my circuit board. Hit the power, hmm, what is that strange noise, POP!, shards of exploded voltage regulator hitting me in the face. Well its the first casualty of this project, last robot I fried two servos.  :'(

Anyone else ever fry a circuit board?

MrWizard:
Its official now, you just joined the club :-)

jwatte:
Many times!

The last few:

A 3S 8A UBEC that overheated and a capacitor exploded at a simple 3A load.

A perfboard H-bridge where the narrow pieces of the copper (around the holes) burned out from the load.

Gertlex:
I used carbon fiber as the chassis material for a bot.  Was doing quick testing with a board not properly mounted to the chassis, and the switching regulator was shorted by the carbon fiber.  Result was a white flash and lots of smoke as some epoxy resin burned.  Regulator works fine, and nothing else was harmed, though :D  (Still replaced the regulator on the bot with a spare one)

Jon_Thompson:

--- Quote from: Azraels on February 26, 2013, 02:18:48 PM ---Just reversed the polarity on my circuit board. Hit the power, hmm, what is that strange noise, POP!, shards of exploded voltage regulator hitting me in the face. Well its the first casualty of this project, last robot I fried two servos.  :'(

Anyone else ever fry a circuit board?

--- End quote ---
All the time! I've fried Arduinos, robots, custom boards, and individual chips over the years. There's nothing like burning the skin off your finger with a ┬ÁC chip on which you could almost boil water.

A friend of mine has a comedy theory that internally stored "magic smoke" makes electronic components work. When the smoke escapes, the component stops working   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version