Electronics > Electronics

Confused about a component

<< < (2/2)

MikeK:
You can find plenty of "walkie talkie" circuits on the web that won't require a tunable transformer.

jwatte:
Again: Why are you trying to build this particular circuit? If all you want to do is build a walkie-talkie, here's a simpler and cheaper design using only commonly available through-hole parts:

Eagle schematic file

(Note: This is sketched out; I didn't actually build this exact circuit right now)

You'll need to write some code to sample the microphone at 8 kHz or so, and transmit as 64 kbit of data, and then play back using OC1A PWM on the receiving end. The bonus is that this circuit is also full duplex!

(Note: This is sketched out; I didn't actually build this exact circuit right now)

You'll need to write some code to sample the microphone at 8 kHz or so, and transmit as 64 kbit of data, and then play back using OC1A PWM on the receiving end. The bonus is that this circuit is also full duplex!

For the nRF24L01+ board, you can for example use this module for $3.20 or if you want much longer distance, while still fully within regulatory limits in most countries, pay $18.50 for a module with proper antenna stage.

So, with a $3 microcontroller, a couple of $1 amplifiers, a $3 RF stage and a few dollars of discretes, the most expensive bits will likely be the microphone and speaker (although there are some amazingly cheap and crappy options there, too, if you look around :-)

paulstreats:
http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/IFT/p/sm/1033838809.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version