Electronics > Electronics

Transmitter/Receiver Pair

(1/3) > >>

Is there a particular way to hook up
Is there a transmitter/receiver pair out there only for digital transmission?
Purpose is that if there is a digital HIGH(5v) at the input/signal to transmitter, then there should be a high at receiver output?

Thanks for any help!

I assume you mean wireless transmitters? Because wired transmitters would be very easy for that situation :-)

The Xbee series can be configured to forward the state of its digital pins. If a pin goes high on Xbee A, Xbee B will drive that same pin high. It is a 3.3V device, though, so you have to also add a voltage level shifter.

Is there a smaller sized wireless transmitter, that can achieve the same?
i Just need a small transmitter, the size of receiver does not matter.


contrary to ads small/cheap 433mhz ook tx/rx pairs are unable to transmit on/off type data like rs232 reliably due to modulation and dc offset issues. so what you put in does not always resemble what comes out.

as j points out digital transceivers are the trend these days. however xbee are extremely expensive and not very small. at about 1/10th the cost and 1/5th the size, newer 24l01 or 7105 based modules are the way to go. although prices are creeping up they still go for around a buck or so on places like ebay, aliexpress, and dealextreme.

Yes; the main benefit of Xbees is that they Just Freakin' Work (tm)!

If you need shorter distance, lower protocol, lower interference resistance, and smaller size, then you could go so far as to use a simple AM chip for a few square millimeters plus coil.

A typical nrf21 module isn't much smaller than an Xbee (and is also 3.3V): http://imall.iteadstudio.com/wireless/im120606002.html

An AM transmitter can be smaller: http://imall.iteadstudio.com/wireless/im120628014.html
Note that the ASK used by that AM module isn't particularly robust. But it gives you exactly "high in -> high out" behavior when it works, and the encoder is a little smaller than an Xbee.
There's also a 315 MHz version if you're in a jurisdiction where that is an acceptable frequency and/or 433 is not.


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version