This is a build I did over the summer and never had the time to show you guys, but now I do
The lawnmower was constructed out of iron, which I now realize was a bad choice because it made the final product weigh A LOT. I am now using aluminum for all my future builds. It is powered by two 12v 32AH batteries connected to wheelchair motors through a Sabertooth 2x25 motor controller. After seeing that the motors are only rated for around 12 amps, I could have gone with a lot smaller (and lighter) 20AH version of the batteries. I use a standard 2.4ghz transmitter and receiver to control the lawnmower.
The only thing I would change is scrapping the iron out for aluminum and getting the smaller batteries. Besides this the project turned out to be a success and I use the lawnmower every week!
Im now working on my next build which will be all electric, much lighter, and have more functions such as remote start and controlling the height adjustment from the transmitter.
Let me know what you think!