Software > Software

Problems uploading to Axon II using McUber

(1/2) > >>

Hero I:
I'm having problems uploading to Axon II using McUber on my Windows 7 64 bit computer.

A "Message" window pops up that says "An error occurred while flashing" and in the main McUber window message area, a "Flashing FAILED!" message is displayed.

Here are the steps I'm taking...

I connect the Axon II to the computer via USB and connect the battery source to the Axon II with the switch turned "off".

In McUber, I specify the com port (COM6), set baud rate to 115200 and specify the hex program.

I then press the "Program" button in McUber and then switch power "on" to the Axon II.

After this, I get the error messages as described above.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Webbot:
If you also have an AVR-ISP MKII programmer plugged into the SPI port then remove it - it resets the chip about a second after power on and clobbers the download from McUber.

If you are new to all of this then here are some extras:-
1. Have you ever managed to xfer a hex file to the board using McUber?
2. If you have ever used a hardware programmer (like the AVR-ISP) then you will have zapped the bootloader on the board and so you will need to use the hardware programmer to re-install the bootloader onto the board.
3. Did you get the Axon from new (in which case it should have the bootloader subject to point 2 above). If you got it 'used' then the previous owner may also have wiped the bootloader.

Is the hex you are trying t upload from your own project (ie your code) or is it one of you've downloaded (like centering a servo)?

Reason for asking is that I've used WebbotLib Studio http://webbot.org.uk/iPoint/50.page to write, compile and then program Axons using both the FBoot protocol (as used by McUber) as well as via AVRISP. Its all built in - no need for other apps like McUber.

Hero I:

--- Quote from: Webbot on June 14, 2014, 01:02:41 PM ---If you also have an AVR-ISP MKII programmer plugged into the SPI port then remove it - it resets the chip about a second after power on and clobbers the download from McUber.

The only thing plugged into my Axon II is the USB connection and battery power which is "off" until after I press the "Program" button in MCuber.

1. Have you ever managed to xfer a hex file to the board using McUber?

No.

2. If you have ever used a hardware programmer (like the AVR-ISP) then you will have zapped the bootloader on the board and so you will need to use the hardware programmer to re-install the bootloader onto the board.

I never used a hardware programmer on my "new" Axon II.

3. Did you get the Axon from new (in which case it should have the bootloader subject to point 2 above). If you got it 'used' then the previous owner may also have wiped the bootloader.

I bought it new.

Is the hex you are trying t upload from your own project (ie your code) or is it one of you've downloaded (like centering a servo)?

It is my own hex file. The C source was generated by Project Designer and compiled and linked in Atmel Studio 6.1

--- End quote ---

Hero I:
I even went on Yeta Corp's website last week and sent them an Email asking them about the problems I'm having with McUber, but haven't heard from them yet.

http://www.yetacorp.com/products/mcuber/

Webbot:
Ok - can't vouch for the board - but maybe Admin (the manufacturer) can.

Could try Webbot Studio  http://webbot.org.uk/iPoint/50.page at least I can help with the log output from that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version