Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

3D printing parts for fun!

(1/2) > >>

Anoroc:
Hi everyone. Since the beginning of the year, I've been developing a 3D printer. We're actually finished with the printer, but I want to start blogging about my experiences with the machine. If anyone has parts they want printed, I'd be happy to print them for free. All I ask is that I have permission to blog about the process and share images of the finished part.

If anyone is interested, shoot me a message. I can print with ABS, PLA, PETG and flexible filament. The available print size is 6 x 6 x 9, but parts can always be broken into pieces, if larger than the available print volume.

Thanks!!

Billy:

--- Quote from: Anoroc on August 13, 2014, 12:21:39 PM ---If anyone is interested, shoot me a message. I can print with ABS, PLA, PETG and flexible filament.

--- End quote ---

That's cool you're willing to do this for people.
I made a 3D printer - printed two test pieces - and haven't touched it since.
Turns out that for me, building a 3D printer was the goal, not having one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAGvzeQw2Oc

Anoroc:
Looks like one heck of a substantial build!

I virtually print something every day. I have CNC machines too, but there are some parts that make more sense to create on the 3D printers. It's changed the way I make stuff.

Billy:

--- Quote from: Anoroc on August 14, 2014, 07:52:44 AM ---I virtually print something every day. I have CNC machines too, but there are some parts that make more sense to create on the 3D printers. It's changed the way I make stuff.

--- End quote ---

You keeping your version a secret?

Let's see a link.

Mine was a ton of work as all SW is 100% from scratch, both in the uC(ARM7) and the PC.
All axis's servo control (encoder feedback with PID @1kHz update) with brushed DC motors.
All electronics hand designed and built.
Mechanics machined and welded at home.
I did leverage previous work on 3D printers by using store bought hot-bed and nozzle (J-Head).

For total effort:
10% HW
10% Electronics
80% Software

If I had to do it again, I would certainly be smarter about it and use the stepper systems that have become common and a motion system like Mach3.

Anoroc:
Not a secret. I just didn't want to come off as an advertisement, (I really just want some fun projects to print, and share).

However, since you asked:

http://knp3d.com

We spent about a year refining everything. I'm toying with some other forms of printing now, but it'll be quite some time before I'm finished :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version