Electronics > Electronics

R/C control help

(1/4) > >>

mgolu24:
Can any body explaim me the RC control chanels? can i have 4 chanels on the transmiter and 6 on the reciever or any combinations? Please explain me what do these chanels do? (i have a picture what they do but please explain fully) THANKS

Gopher:
Each channel is like a single control line and can control one attribute of your car, such as the throttle or the steering. As long as your transmitter has more channels than your reciever, then it will work in theory, though you need a matched set of crystals, because the crystals define the frequency they communicate at.  Never actually made a custom r/c device before, so I can't be more specific than that.

mgolu24:
Thanks. So for throtle i need one chanel for revers i need one chanel and i need one for left and one for right? so i need minimum 4 chanels for my robot to go in all directions. and where the chanel goes out of the reciver i bend the wires to the, let say a dc motor, and when i press the correct chanel button it lets the electricity trough the chanel to the motor and the motor spins?

Admin:
a channel is just like a button.

for each actuator, it needs a button. button A for motor A, button B for flame thrower B. yeap, you guessed right.

so if your transmitter has 6 channels, it can operate at least 6 different things.

there are tricks to multiplex, so a 6 channel controller could control like 20 servos independently, but that would probably be too much detail for what you want to do . . .

mgolu24:

--- Quote from: Admin on October 19, 2006, 09:58:10 AM ---there are tricks to multiplex, so a 6 channel controller could control like 20 servos independently, but that would probably be too much detail for what you want to do . . .

--- End quote ---

no, no indeed please tell me sumthing about it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version