General Misc > Misc

robot books (learn how to build, etc.)

(1/4) > >>

Admin:
Im looking to expand my robot books page.

Anyone have suggestions on books?

Im not looking for just any book, more specifically ones that you have read and highly recommend. Ive read many, but most are out of date or are just not very useful . . .

Beginner and expert level welcomed.

Amazon is for a list of robot books, SoR is for a list of highly recommended robot books  :P

Recommend, recommend!

Dosbomber:
Not really DIRECTLY relating to robotics, but for a beginner's introduction to PICs and programming them, I got a lot out of "PIC Microcontroller Project Book", by John Iovine.  After the very basics of setting up the programmer (Epic), the software, the PIC command set and how to write some code, it goes on to cover sensors and motor control, so it's a pretty easy step from this book to robot building.

JesseWelling:
This book has been really good for opening my eyes to the upper level theory. It's definatly a survey of a lot of robotic techniques.

Introduction to Autonomous Mobile Robots (Intelligent Robotics and Autonomous Agents) by Roland Siegwart and Illah R. Nourbakhsh (Hardcover - April 1, 2004)

Admin:
Illah Nourbakhsh? hey, he was my prof for mobile robot programming class! ok ill look that book up . . .

polar bear6:
when i recomend these books i must seem very noob, but they are really good beginner (i mean begginer as dont know what a diode does) books.
Bugbots, Junkbots, and bots on weels.
and
Robot Building for beginners by dave cook

Beginner'o'Meter:
  6th grade|----l-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|knows that black is ground

plz dont laugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version