Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

(1/2) > >>

Well hello all. I have just recenlty rediscovered robotcis, after doing it with my brothers when i was small. But I need some help. Im going to start out with a basic kit, the solar speeder kit. Once I get better im gonna try and work out programming my robot. Well I have a cart of itmes that can build several photovores and a walker, and mayybe some other stuff

K SS - Kit #5 - SolarSpeeder 2 Kit: Quantity: 1
    SCC3733 - 37 x 33mm Polycrystalline Solar Cell Quantity: 4
    TR3904 - 2N3904 NPN Transistor       Quantity: 10   
    TR3906 - 2N3906 PNP Transistor          Quantity: 10
    GM10 - Gear Motor 10 - Geared pager motor    Quantity: 2      
   FLED - Flashing LED                 Quantity: 4
   CP1000uF - 1000F Electrolytic Capacitor          Quantity: 5
    CP3300uF - 3300F Electrolytic Capacitor          Quantity: 5
    CP4700uF - 4700F Electrolytic Capacitor          Quantity: 5
    RB1 - Resistor Bundle Set 1: 100ohm, 470ohm, 1k, 2.2k       Quantity: 3   
    RB2 - Resistor Bundle Set 2: 4.7k, 47k, 100k, 220k       Quantity: 3   
    JBB - Junkbots, Bugbots, and Bots on Wheels          Quantity: 1
    IR1 - Infrared Optical Sensor          Quantity: 8
    CDS - CdS Light Sensitive Resistor          Quantity: 8
    CP0.22uF - 0.22F Monolithic Capacitor          Quantity: 8
    RT100k - 100k Multi-turn Trimpot          Quantity: 4
    RPM2 - Regular Pager Motor 2          Quantity: 4
    MMFC - Fuse Clip Motor Mounts                   Quantity: 8

im also getting parralex's basic stamp 2 module:

so are these all good things to get? Also can you program the controllers on a mac cause that is all I have? And i have some experience in programming languages such as a lttle Java and applescript, actionscript. And a little python.

Welcome back to robotics.
You might want to just start with one and get used to the stamp controller. then move on to the others.
This following link has a Mac Basic Stamp Editor.
Stamps are good because they are relatively easy to learn and can be used for servo control easily.

The problem with solar based robots is that solar power does not provide enough current to run complex robots, such as those that use a stamp controller . . . so basically I am saying you must use batteries if you want to add additional features.  :P

Thanks for that link SDK, oh and admin yes I know that there is not enoguh power for more complex ones, i have one battery that ifound somewhere, im gonna get some more. Bu I just want to make one of these little solar ones, cause they will teach me about basic scymatics and ssoldering and those things, plus they are fun  :P. Also does that book, bugbots and solarbots, and whatever teach about microcontroller programming, if not could you recommend a good book? Thanks!!

The books I recommend:

The top one will probably be best for you. Its what I used as a beginner, and I recommend it to anyone.

I need to go to barnes & noble and check out the latest . . .

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version