Electronics > Electronics

$50 Robot with AVR ISP mkII 6 pin

<< < (18/19) > >>

jlam456:
hi im new to robotics. im attempting the $50 robot. i followed the schematic but when i try to input a hex file for the photovore through AVR studio 4...i get "entering programming mode...FAILED!"
im using an ATmega8 with AVR ISP2 Programmer

Webbot:
You've probably got a soldering problem - check the connection between the reset pin on the chip with the equivalent header on programmer header pins. Or it could be any of the other programmer pins. Suggest you remove the ATmega chip (careful not to bend/break the pins) and use a meter (ohms or continuity tester) to check the connections from the chip socket to the programmer pins to make sure they are good. Also check that none of the pins have accidental short circuits to any of the other pins.

Admin:

--- Quote from: jlam456 on April 02, 2013, 05:41:47 PM ---i followed the schematic but when i try to input a hex file for the photovore through AVR studio 4...i get "entering programming mode...FAILED!"
im using an ATmega8 with AVR ISP2 Programmer

--- End quote ---
In the dropdown list of microcontrollers, which one did you choose? At what programming speed? What color is the programming LED showing?

jlam456:
thanks for your help but as it turns out, i think all i had to do was to make my ATmega chip fully go into the DIP sockets.
at first i only pushed in the chip til all pins seemed like they were in but i pushed it in some more and now it works

ayash:
what is the resistance used in the 50$robot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version