go_away

Author Topic: Florida  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Levi13Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Florida
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:08:59 PM »
Is there any robotics/hobby conventions in Florida around Tampa? I cant find any. Also, is there any florida ppl here? :) ;D :P :D ;)

Offline AndrewM

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
Re: Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:00:40 PM »
I haven't seen any conventions in the Tampa area related to the robotics field.  If there was one in Florida, my guess would be the Orlando area.  Come to think of it, I haven't seen any robotics clubs in the tampa area either.  And, yes, I am in the area.
blog: www.iamwhen.com
Saving the world from humanity one robot at a time.

Offline Asellith

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 9
  • "I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:40:33 AM »
Pensacola Here. But no robot groups here. I even started a Yahoo group to try and get some interest but nothing so far on this end. I know a lot of guys in Orlando who are building R2-D2 replicas but no specific robot guys.

I really thought there would be some interest here because the University of West Florida has a big robotics program. I checked out some of there stuff. I really wish I had transfered from my college to that one my last year but didn't know they had an electrical engineering program at the time. They have a few UAVs that where rather interesting. Including a plane and a submarine.

Jonathan Bowen
CorSec Engineering
www.corseceng.com

Offline jman571

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »
Rofl, I'm vacationing in Miami right now  :o, so yeah, if there's any good shops around here, lemme know so I can cart some robot supplies back to Canada :D

Offline Levi13Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 01:49:46 PM »
Oh, also does anybody know any robotic/technology summer camps beacause my mom is making me go to music camp and i want to get out of it and do something more fun. lol

Get Your Ad Here

data_list