Electronics > Electronics

IR transmission

<< < (2/7) > >>

Captain_Tuna:
i am sorry i am a bit slow understanding these things (just started :) )
it appears i have a pwm (actually 2) pins on my microcontroller. so what i basically do is use it together with and AND gate, but when i get to the coding part, do i still need to use "high/low" (on/off) commands in conjunction with PAUSEs right?

as for the receiver, i'll just stick to the tutorial, it's GREAT! :)

dunk:
hi,
i would recommend playing with your microcontroller's UART.
the UART is a hardware module built into most microcontrollers for passing serial information.

once you have mastered passing information between 2 microcontroller's UARTs over wires it is fairly easy to swap the wires for a modulated IR circuit at one end and a TSOP17xx at the other.

dunk.

izua:
No, I was saying to use the pwm to obtain a constant carrier (for example, constant 38khz).
Then, you will AND the output from this pwm pin with the output of TX (uart transmitter). This will create a stream of 38khz when TX is high, and nothing when TX is 0. In other words, it will modulate your data at 38khz. At the other end you can simply put a TSOP sensor

This implies you are familiar with your uc's UART hardware, and, as dunk said, you can send serial data over the wire between two ucs (or at least an uc an your computer).

Thanks for the appreciation. There's also a serial (RS232 type) tutorial on my site, if you never worked with it before (although it still needs some corrections)

dunk:

--- Quote ---No, I was saying to use the pwm to obtain a constant carrier (for example, constant 38khz).
Then, you will AND the output from this pwm pin with the output of TX (uart transmitter). This will create a stream of 38khz when TX is high, and nothing when TX is 0. In other words, it will modulate your data at 38khz. At the other end you can simply put a TSOP sensor
--- End quote ---
sure, that is one way of generating your 38kHz carrier.
but i would still recommend experimenting with the microcontroller's UART using wires first.

once he has the UART worked out he can go on to the next stage.

dunk.

Captain_Tuna:
i just discovered my picaxe has infra-red interfacing made simple! anyway guys, thanks for all your feedback, as soon as i have time and as soon as i find my components i'll try making some circuits with uart. Meanwhile i'll read thoroughly your tutorial, izua.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version