Electronics > Electronics

which transformer?


With a few exceptions, everyone in the world uses either 110 or 220 Volt (V) electricity. By 110 we mean 110-120 Volts and 220, 220-240 Volts. 110 is prevalent in North America, we use 220 herein south asia.

Regulated Wall Pack which is used for powering servos has the following specifications :
Input = 100-120V ~ 50 / 60Hz 0.4A
Output = DC +6.0V / 2A

Which transformer do I need to run it?
100W, 300W, or 500W??

According to the rule, Volts times Amps = Watts. (V x A = W)
the input = 100-120V ~ 50 / 60Hz 0.4A
therefore, the required Watts= 120 x 0.4 = 48
So I think 90W or 100W transformer would be fine here.

Is my calculation okay? Please verify it.... tell me which transformer I need here.

well, I'd say just get a 6VAC, 2A output transformer(for your electricity), then craft a simple rectifier/filter/voltage regulator circuit for it. VR chips are like $0.50 these days.

Just buy a standard 110-220V adapter and you don't need to worry about the current, you'll get plenty with the step down.


[0] Message Index

Go to full version