Electronics > Electronics

Rc control

(1/2) > >>

gamefreak:
Well i have a robot competetion coming up in 2 months and i want to try to win, but i have 5 minutes to gather 15 items and i dont know a thing about RC.

Do i need to program anything or is it as simple as plugging the servos in and matching the crystals?

Admin:
got you covered
http://www.societyofrobots.com/remote_control_robot.shtml

its all simple plug-n-play really, no programming needed, and you can buy it all as one complete ~$100 to ~$150 kit

gamefreak:
lol, thanks but unfortunatly all this budget is out of my pockets because im the only one who knows anythign about robots in my school and i dont think the TSA club( The club the robot is for) will give me that kind of money since its a free ride(except food) to state and free to nationals if i get 1st.

Now all i have to figure out is an arm and buy 2 sets of transmitters/receivers since 1 person controls robot and other controls collection device.

I was looking at the: GWS GWT-4A 75Mhz FM System;http://www.robotmarketplace.com/marketplace_rc_radioGWT4A.html
And its daul Axis, but what does that mean? And how does that work wiht a 4 channel receiver?
Also is there a maneul that tells me which channels go to which stick?

Admin:
consider it a long term investment towards your education :P

plus since you bought it, you can keep it for all future robots you build. ive always found it invaluable to test new robots using RC stuff, so its good to have.

--- Quote ---its daul Axis, but what does that mean? And how does that work wiht a 4 channel receiver?
--- End quote ---
simply means the joystick moves in both the X and Y direction - two channels per joystick.

--- Quote ---Also is there a maneul that tells me which channels go to which stick?
--- End quote ---
it will be obvious when you plug stuff in :P
i usually just guess which wire goes where until the proper servo is actuated by the proper joystick command . . . wouldnt take you more than 2 or 3 minutes . . .

gamefreak:
Well unforunatly it requires 2 people for the bot(stupid regulations) one moves the bot while the other controls the collection device, but if each joystick controls 2 directions then couldnt i just use 2 remotes and 1 receiver and just only control one stick each?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version