I'd like to show you my mobile robot based on the HandyBoard controller. Pls have a look at http://robot.proof.cz
* 2 MHz microprocessor Motorola 68HC11.
* 32 kB RAM, battery backed.
* Drives up to 4 DC motors. I've changed the two L293D circuits with four SN754410NE so I can now control DC motors with up to 2A constant or 2.4A peak power consumption. (See H-bridges)
* Two motor outputs can be used to control a stepper motor.
* 16 x 2 LCD display.
* Two fully programmable buttons, potentiometer with 0-255 range and a piezo buzzer.
* 7 analog and 9 digital inputs. All of them powered for use with active sensors.
* 9.6V NiCd battery pack. Charging is done by a special interface adapter or directly using the main board. Just connect a power adapter and that's it.
* A 38kHz infra red receiver/transmitter. It's not connected at the moment, I'm working on a remote digital radio control.
* 8 pin powered serial connector interface with up to 1 Mbaud transmission speed.
* Easily expandable using the expansion board.