Code modification didn't affect it.
I pulled out my breadboard, and checked. Only a tiny voltage would have gone to the chip, probably too small to read. I'm slightly puzzled why a 1.5k resistor was recommended. I went over the math and resistance readings. It seems that an 8k would be perfect. I tried a 15k, and the voltage tests good.
It's too late tonite (1:30am) to finish it, so I will continue tomorrow. I made a new set of "eyes" with 15k resistors. I'll put a plug on them later, and try it tomorrow.
Ok, it works!!
My robot now chases my flashlight!!
I will modify the code to have a smoother tracking, and change the wheels for better traction. Yay!!