so i received my batteries today from all-battery.com (finally - it took forever because of the holiday season)
i plugged everything in and was testing everything with my multimeter.
everything seemed fine, a nice constant 5v etc. ........and then something bad happened
somehow the testing lead from my multimeter managed to complete a circuit with the LED, of course by battery was hooked up. i saw the LED turn on, so i quickly took away the leads.
i am not sure if the LED is cooked or not - how can i test to see if it is?
if it is cooked, will i need to replace it?
I double checked why my LED had lit up, looked at the wiring and retested all connections. I discovered that if you connect the two male header pins closest
to the LED (and have your power supply plugged in) the LED will light up. HOWEVER, do not be scared (as I was a moment ago), because this won't burn out your LED (err, at least i think so, based on my tests). It seems when you connect the two pins, this connects the battery pack (or other power supply) with the LED and
Resistor, basically completing a simple circuit.
This little trick may be useful for people to test whether or not their LED's are working or not...maybe? Be cautious though: the LED is hooked up through the unregulated power (is that the right term?) if you do this.<-- (does this make any sense?)
If I have anything wrong here, or the LED shouldn't be lighting when i connect the pins, plz some1 let me know