go_away

Author Topic: University for Masters in Robotics- Suggestions??  (Read 10551 times)

Offline evilknight007Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
University for Masters in Robotics- Suggestions??
« on: December 19, 2008, 04:12:47 AM »
Hi all,

I am an undergraduate student doing my final year specializing in the mechatronics department.
I just love doing robots and want to pursue my passion for it and want to do a Masters course in the Robotics Field.

Though CMU remains THE PLACE to do the masters the fact that i am not from IIT,(India) virtually eliminates any chances of me getting into CMU.
I have a good working knowledge in the field( though not as much as most people in here  ;D) and  good GRE score.

The courses in  the Robotics Institute @ CMU  are just great and i was just wondering whether there are any other universities around the world that offering a concentrated course as in CMU.

Any information and suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 169
    • Society of Robots
Re: University for Masters in Robotics- Suggestions??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »
Though CMU remains THE PLACE to do the masters the fact that i am not from IIT,(India) virtually eliminates any chances of me getting into CMU.

There are lots of people from India at CMU. You are more likely to not get in for other reasons - they turned me down, for example, and I went to CMU as an undergrad.

that being said:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_faq.shtml#best_robot_college

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »
 Thanks Admin..

I'll look into those posts.

Its popular belief among undergraduate students here in India that CMU rejects every application from India if the applicant is not a IIT graduate.Hope that isn't true though i really don't fancy my chances.(not after hearing that you got turned down  :-[ :o)

Offline Half Shell

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 04:29:35 PM »
WPI has not officially announced their robotics graduate program, but will soon. E-mail them about it - I've sat in on a curriculum development meeting. Look very promising.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 07:44:47 AM »
ya sure,

Sounds great.. Will surely contact them.

Thanks for the information Half Shell

Get Your Ad Here

data_list