Electronics > Electronics

Noob: Quadruped Walker Circuit Design

(1/3) > >>

henno2000:
Hi,

I have been browsing your interesting site for the purpose of research & development.

I have been given a brief of the following:

Research, Design and Simulation of Quad-pedal Robot

The typical generic requirements of a standard electrical system to be researched, designed and simulated are as follows:

1.       To enable the quad pedal robot to detect light source and move towards the source.

2.       To enable the quad medal robot to walk towards the light source

3.       To simulate the open-loop system in respect of the robot moving under its own power and walking towards the light source

The typical generic requirements of an advanced system are as follows:

1.       Simple hard-wired control of the robot to create a closed loop system, enabling the robot to walk towards the light source

2.       A simple controller e.g. P, PD, (classical control)

3.       A simulation of the closed-loop system

Do you think a BEAM robot would be best suited to this criteria? I am an amatuer on this topic, but from what I have read from your site and topics on the web , it seems to be the fact I keep returning to this.

At the present time I am trying to concentrate on the electronic aspect of the design.

If possible, could someone give me some pointers/advice on circuit design and can you recommend any books/literature/reference aids that will help me with my investigation?

Any information would be greatly apprecciated

Many thanks in advance

trigger:
Here's a BEAM robot with a microcontroller (so not really BEAM, but close):

http://www.instructables.com/id/EYLB2BCA9BEUGCWIZL/

Stick a CdS sensor on this thing and you're good to go.

henno2000:
Thanks for the reply.

I am assuming that a BEAM robot will provide a solution to my question?

Are there any others that would suit better.

Could someone give me some tips on circuit design regarding light detection and also how to stop the robot from bumping into obstacles? (IE - When a surface is detected, make it turn direction/reverse)

Many thanks

trigger:

--- Quote from: henno2000 on February 21, 2007, 01:05:00 PM ---Thanks for the reply.

--- End quote ---

np

--- Quote ---Could someone give me some tips on circuit design regarding light detection and also how to stop the robot from bumping into obstacles? (IE - When a surface is detected, make it turn direction/reverse)

Many thanks

--- End quote ---

There are tutorials on this site for doing just that. http://www.societyofrobots.com/programming_photoresistor.shtml

henno2000:
Excellent, thanks again.

From what I can see, the site seem very informative. I cannot see any FULL schematics though. (IE - for the photovore robot) Was looking for something like this to work from if possible to & to possibly develop further.

Many thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version