go_away

Author Topic: a/v from trobot to computer wirelessly  (Read 1377 times)

Offline jamortTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
a/v from trobot to computer wirelessly
« on: December 26, 2008, 12:11:49 AM »
Im looking into making audio and video feedback to a computer and using webcams.... and dont wantt o have to put another computer whats the best way to do this an is there any other way to do this thats better..... just need thoughts
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

so I replied the truth, " Exactly why I dont ever talk about English."

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
Re: a/v from trobot to computer wirelessly
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »
You can use wireless Webcams on the robot, wireless router to the computer.

Or wireless SpyCams on the robot, with their receiver connected to a TV tunner or some other video input device on your computer. For a Laptop, you need a USB TV tunner or USB Video IN adapter.
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 09:31:18 AM »
yeah.... this is going for a tutorial im making...... its going to be a bot that has cams on it so you can see and drive it through a uilding using a jointstick then im going to have a light sensor and lights on it so if the light gets to dark to see with the cam the flashlight will come on so you can see...
The wireless webcam is that bad of an idea only thing is how can it go to a computer.....
my english teacher once said, "dont talk about what you dont know in public...."

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 10:40:41 AM »
@jamort
So you're building a wireless rover...

Heres two options I would personally look into
1. This is rather difficult but cheaper
Use a Wifi Cam a.k.a IP camera aka Network Camera
Also use this : http://curiousinventor.com/kits/spk_wrt  to control the motors and stuff from the internet

2. Easy but more expensive - probably cost you around $500 to $600 dollars ( depending on what mini-laptop you get)
Use a mini-laptop and connect a webcam to it
Connect your laptop's serial port to a motor controller which connects to the motors and stuff

This way your entire platform is wifi enabled and you can control it wherever you get internet . Also you could easily connect a joystick to the computer and control it from there.

Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 11:24:03 AM »
For #1 CAn you hook up a router to yoyur computer and get a direct link to it...
I'm on dial up and over the internet it would be hard to do... This is really to try and be for swat and police to carry cargo and possible have and lcd monitor on it so the person can talk as if they were right in front of hte negotiator but i knoq hte easiest way for all this is to buy a laptop which will happen later

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »
For #1 CAn you hook up a router to yoyur computer and get a direct link to it...
yes
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »
That looks like my best option i could find a very cheap laptop for like $400 or one used but this seems better
Thanks airmann....
I might need to ask for a little help making somesoftware something that has like Apicture coming from the bot and then it shows like when the joint stick goes forwad it has a littlcirclto the side and it points forward backwards etc.
similar to how the army has software for the packbot...

so that little kit on curios inventor will hook straight to a router right and dont need anything else? then i can hook the camera to that maybe the motors but i was really thinking about just using bluetooth for the notors even thoguh it wont be able to go that far...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:43:11 PM by jamort »

Get Your Ad Here

data_list