Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Woodworking Tools??

(1/3) > >>

rabi_tagore:
Hey,
I am building a robot out of wood. Could u tell me what tools would be best to use to cut 1/4" or 1/8" wood? This is a small home project, and thus, I want to use small and easy-to-use tools.
I read that the 'jigsaw' is pretty useful. Can anyone elaborate on that? How flexible is it? Is it small enough to be used in my garage?
And also...is it easier to manipulate HDPE that it is to work with wood?(consider the fact that I am working at home)

Thanks a lot...
Waiting for ur reply.

ed1380:

--- Quote ---Is it small enough to be used in my garage?

--- End quote ---
do you even know what a jigsaw is?

Admin:
jig saw:

qualitatively speaking, HDPE is a little easier to cut than wood . . . but it depends on what kind of wood . . .

Nyx:
Hehehe. I got a jigsaw, and it looks almost exactly like the one in the pic above. It's small and easy to use. The main problem I have with it is that it's not very precise. You're holding it, so if you don't guide it perfectly straight using some kind of guide, the cut isn't gonna be perfectly straight. You also can't make perfect circles. I guess it's also a matter of practice.

rabi_tagore:

--- Quote from: ed1380 on February 24, 2007, 08:32:48 PM ---
--- Quote ---Is it small enough to be used in my garage?

--- End quote ---
do you even know what a jigsaw is?

--- End quote ---

lol...i meant to ask if it can be handled COMFORTABLY in my garage or in my room(still a novice!!). Thanks everyone, for the advice. I will go with the jigsaw itself. Seems to be the easiest to use(even though it's not very accurate).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version