Software > Software

help for pic programmer..

i hv written the program for pic16f877 in assembly language using mplab.
in order to program the chip, i m using simpic programmer..and PICPROG877 as the software.
 however i need som help  as i m getting errors while trying to write to pic.
after i load the hex file to be transferred, wen i click on 'write to PIC' option, i get the following error:
'Program verify failed on line 0, programming aborted'
sumtimes i also get the foll error:
'config fuses verify error'

Can anyone plz help me sort out dis problem... if possible can anyone give me the steps to b followed in detail while programming the PIC..???

It is very possible that your programmer doesn't work since you have error in first line.
So check connections first.

can you open up the hex file and look at the first couple of lines? what does it say?
When I was using MPLAB I can't remember why or how to fix it but it put some junk
at the top of the hex file. I found the setting but I can't remember what it is now and
I don't have access to MPLAB any more so....

Also make sure your syntax (the way you write it)  is correct, I know especially with assembly that things can get messy if you mix up a DIR with an EXT address for example. If the error really is in line 0 then thats the first set of characters you entered make sure that the command your using is valid with that particular IC, this isn't the point in a project to cut corners or say that a part is "close enough to what I need". P.S. I've never used MPLAB but these are the things I would reccomend if you were writing to an IC the old fashion way with a programmer unit.

[0] Message Index

Go to full version