I recently attended a really cool event. It was a RepRap Build-A-Thon (www.reprap.org
) hosted by HacDC.org. RepRap is an open source 3D printer project. I had a ton of fun at this event which was hosted in DC and now I would like to form a club closer to my home in Harford County Maryland.
I am looking for anyone who would be interested in forming a club. Here are my thoughts...
1) Find Members (which I am doing here)
2) Find a meeting place to rent such as a garage or vacant room in a public building.
3) Establish monthly dues to pay for the meeting place and additional funding.
4) Have all the members donate something to the club and use additional member dues to purchase materials and tools for projects which the group would participate in together.
5) Have weekly meetings and social gatherings for members and family of members.
Please PM or E-Mail me if you are interested. Everyone of all ages is welcome to participate.
Now that you have heard my idea let me introduce my self. My have is David Powell. I am 26 and have an A.A.S degree in electronics, computers, and telecommunications. I have a lot of hobby's, all which involve computers, electronics, or software of some sort. I have 3 wonderful kids and a wife. I live in Belcamp MD but grew up in Essex MD. I currently work in Aberdeen as an Electronic Technician. One of my hobbies is Home Automation. In my spare time I manage a popular Home Automation website www.zwaveworld.com
which is not owned by me. I hang out on various other Home Automation forums such as www.cocoontech.com
. Also, as I already mentioned I follow the www.reprap.org
open source project and I am just about ready to begin building my machine. I would love to meet a few people to colaborate on my machine and on their projects.