Author Topic: Color sensor  (Read 2429 times)

Offline CALEBTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
Color sensor
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »
I have been searching for hrs to try and find a color sensor that I can just purchase and  I cannot find one that is really what I need. I am using the atemga640 and am trying to find a color sensor that outputs an analog or digital signal not a square wave!I am also looking for one that is just plug and play (which seems too much to ask.lol).If anyone knows of one that seems to be what I am looking for would you please direct me to it ?Thanks for your time
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:07:17 PM by CALEB »

Offline jka

• Helpful? 4
Re: Color sensor
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:50:03 AM »
TAOS 8http://www.taosinc.com/) has two colorsensors that you can take a look at. I have one of them, TCS230D, but I haven't had the time to experiment with it yet. It outputs a frequency based on the color detected. The other one, TCS3414, use I2C, I think. If you ask politely they will send you a sample.

Offline CALEBTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:51:24 AM »
I tried the tcs230 and it outputs a square wave. I am trying to get an analog or digital wave. I have written TAOS and am waiting for a response about the other sensor ,but am not sure about it. There is just not much product out there in the way of a color sensor  that is just plug and play is there? Thanks for your help.

Offline jka

• Helpful? 4
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:51:15 AM »
What kind of digital signal do you want? TCS3414 use I2C which is digital. It's all plug and play. It's just a matter of how you play :)

Offline Soeren

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 227
  • Mind Reading: 0.0
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 08:19:28 AM »
There is just not much product out there in the way of a color sensor  that is just plug and play is there?
No, it's Plug 'N' Pray these days (Plug = study and Pray that you plugged hard enough)  :D

In other words, you have to tinker a bit yourself, but that's where all the fun is.
Regards,
Søren

A rather fast and fairly heavy robot with quite large wheels needs what? A lot of power?
Please remember...
Engineering is based on numbers - not adjectives

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 169
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 11:27:48 AM »
All you need is a resistor and a capacitor to turn any PWM into an analog signal.

Heck, you might even find a schematic here:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/remote_control_robot.shtml

Or some ideas here:
http://www.societyofrobots.com/sensors_color.shtml

Get Your Ad Here

data_list