Electronics > Electronics

Noob question

(1/4) > >>

roboplane2.0:
I'm making  the sumo bot(one remote control and one with sensors) for the science fair at my school and i was wondering could i use another microchip because it's kinda hard to find one of those before this summer.And another question show i have an on off switch on it or something else or what?and would a ps2 controller work as a remote control?and charging NiMH battery packs i dont get how to charge them I want to know how to charge them before i buy some

trigger:

--- Quote from: roboplane2.0 on March 23, 2007, 07:40:22 PM ---I'm making  the sumo bot(one remote control and one with sensors) for the science fair at my school and i was wondering could i use another microchip because it's kinda hard to find one of those before this summer.
--- End quote ---

Could you please clarify?  It's hard to understand what you're asking.

--- Quote ---And another question show i have an on off switch on it or something else or what?

--- End quote ---

Are you asking if you should have an on/off switch?  If so, it's up to you.  You could just plug in your power supply every time though if you want to keep it simple.

--- Quote ---and would a ps2 controller work as a remote control?

--- End quote ---

As a tethered control, you could probably hack it as such.  Google it.  As a true remote--i.e., untethered--good luck.  You might as well buy a real remote if that's what you're going for. 

--- Quote ---and charging NiMH battery packs i dont get how to charge them I want to know how to charge them before i buy some

--- End quote ---

Get a universal charger.  They're pretty easy to use.  Or, just use standalone AAs.  You can stick them in a battery holder (available for example, at RadioShack).  Then you can stick them in an ordinary walmart charger, and put them in your battery holder when you're ready to use them. 

roboplane2.0:
A cerebellum microcontroller is really hard to find was the first question. I accidently spelled it wrong and I dont get your answer to the on/off switch queston and a universal charge is one that can charge AA and AAA right? The one that plugs into the wall?

Hal9000:
Yeah, the battery charger will probably plug into the wall. Like this:

http://www.picstop.co.uk/Battery-Charger/Uniross-Compact-Fast-Charger---U0128568

If you are doing remote control, this post is pretty good, showing that you don't need a microcontroller for remote control!:

http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=713.0

Plus, as far as autonomy with the sumo goes, this $50 robot tutorial could be of use, and uses an avr:

http://www.societyofrobots.com/step_by_step_robot_step4.shtml

Good luck!

roboplane2.0:
Thank you for the help and an rc robot doesnt need a microcontroller?And I making an rc sumo robot and an autonomous sumo bot but what microcontroller should i use instead of a cerebellum one? and where can i get all the supplies for the sumo bot and why do i need 3 servos?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version