I started another topic because for some reason I can't edit my old topic..
HI there. I'm new to robotics. I started research for a RC controlled sumo bot a while ago and I'm having lots of questions.
I live in a third world country and its really hard to get components and stuff.
So I've decided to compete in a state level RC controlled robot sumo competition.
I've decided not to use a microcontroller to keep the cost down and its not really required (amirite?)
Anyways here are the rules:
To design and build a robot which pushes another robot off from the round table of diameter 1.5 m. The robot can only push other robot by contact and not by impact.
1. The Robot should fit within a dimension of 20 cms by 20 cms by 20 cms.
2. The maximum weight of the robot should be within 2.5 kg.
3. The robot should be controlled by a wireless remote.
4. Principles of capacitance and magnetism are to be avoided.
While designing the robot, flames, smoke or any liquid or chemical cannot be used as defensive mechanisms
5. The maximum volts at any point should not cross 12v.
6. No external power supply is allowed
8. The Robot cannot fly in air.
1. Time required to defeat the other robot
So here are my questionOpen questions:
Should I go with 2 wheeler or a 4 Wheeler?
DC geared motor or Stepper motor?
HOw much torque do I need?
What should be the optimal wheel diameter?