Software > Software

New C library - testers required

<< < (2/50) > >>

Resilient:
Looks great so far.

But I am trying to resolve an issue I am having with Roborealm and want to try tweaking the rprintf function (see http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=7880.0) but am a little unclear as to how to do this because of the precompiled libraries.

If I change the rprintfs.c in your library folder nothing changes (because of the precomiled bit), but if I include a modified version of rprintfs.c in my folder and include that in the AVR Studio source files, it complains about the .elf file not being found (This I don't understand).

Thanks
Justin

Webbot:

--- Quote from: Resilient on May 07, 2009, 07:17:55 PM ---Looks great so far.

But I am trying to resolve an issue I am having with Roborealm and want to try tweaking the rprintf function (see http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/index.php?topic=7880.0) but am a little unclear as to how to do this because of the precompiled libraries.

If I change the rprintfs.c in your library folder nothing changes (because of the precomiled bit), but if I include a modified version of rprintfs.c in my folder and include that in the AVR Studio source files, it complains about the .elf file not being found (This I don't understand).

Thanks
Justin

--- End quote ---

Hi Jason,
I discovered a potential issue in the uart buffer code which would leave interrupts disabled. So I guess that could be your original problem - ie the transmission stops.

I've uploaded a new release 1.1 to sourceforge - (also contains code to create software uarts and to handle GPS message data).

Could you try that release first and let me know - thanks.
Webbot

Resilient:
No dice. Still buffers in Roborealm. I think it really must be an issue on their side.

dunk:
dude,
good job so far.

dunk.

Webbot:
Ok - some folk seem to be giving it a try - thanks.

Here is a list of other stuff I want to add:-
1. I2C (master only, slave only, master + slave) - split into 3 to keep size to a minimum
2. 7 segment LED support - as per Axon II LED
3. Generic 'pulseIn' function (pulled out of the existing sonar libs) for any IOPin
4. Generic 'pulseOut' function to emit a 'one-off' pulse, or a train of pulses (ie frequency/duty cycle generator)
5. Generic 'frequencyIn' function to return the frequency and duty cycle present at an input pin
6. RF transceiver for inter-robot/pc comms.
7. Single wire UART - for some humanoid type servos
8. SPI interface

Add to documentation:
1. Table of 3rd party hardware sensors/controllers - and what functions to use with each of them. If you've discovered any new combos ie 'this software' also works for 'this device' then let me know and I'll add it to the list.
2. More example programs

This is partly 'a note to self' but more importantly - a chance for you guys to say whats missing. So post any 'votes'.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version