Mechanics and Construction > Mechanics and Construction

Help needed to decide whats the best choice!

(1/4) > >>

sotu:
I have built a remote controlled car (Not wireless tho, working on that) and i have:
- 2 front wheels for a swing mechanism
- 2 wheels (A little further back then the front wheels) for driving
- 1 Wheel driven by 1 9V EL motor
- And in the back, 2 wheels for support.

NOW! what i need help to decide is, would u have removed the 1 wheel driven by a 9V EL motor and used the motor to drive a wepon, like..a saw or something or keep it for ekstra spees boost?

Please give me Feedback, i really need it to decide..! :-\

Hal9000:
Like, I used to have a lot of similar toughts about weapons and stuff......hacking things to pieces and the like......

if you have a weapon, this could be quite heavy, and, with a motor with a 9v battery attached, will it be a weapon?

if you try and speed something up with a motor connected to a 9v battery, then this could either be pointless, or i'm sure if the motor cannot keep up, then this could produce it's own flaws. Generative effects?

If it was me, I would remove the motor and put some sort of extra circuit in, like a lazer pointer........something like that.

nanob0t:
Build an electrokinetic gun!!!  Those things are fun!  You can shoot BB's or shiny aluminum rings at people, and that can be controlled with simple power from a battery.  And they shoot them at incredible velocities that it becomes extremely hazardous.  Range is always an advantage  :D

sotu:
Yeah..Gun is maybe a good idea.. :-\
I was thinking a little about a round blade powered by a thick rubber band attached to the rotating pin at the EL motor.

I have made a sketch of the robot and how it looks like now in a 3D program.
Would u like me to put it on the forum, Or give u a link to my homepage with the photos on? ???

nanob0t:
Either one would be nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version