Software > Software

$50 robot cable recognition

(1/6) > >>

ed1380:
I have the Atmel AVR ATmega8-16pc microcontroller, and have made the pc board for it. I've checked the pc board, and AFAIK there are not shorts, and everything that should gets power (~4.5v) The power is provided from a 7.2v 180ma transformer and a 5v regulator on the pc board. power is on when trying to connect.

I just received the serial-AVR programming cable and when I plug it in and look at device manager it says com 1. (I have it enabled)

The problem is that ponyprog2000 doesn't recognize it being connected. I have set ponyprog2000 to com 1, but don't know what to set the other options to.

Here are some pics.

Is there anything I could do to maybe test if the Microcontroller is ok.

Thanks

dunk:
i'm afraid this post will be of limited help as i've never used the PonyProg2000 and haven't programmed AVRs from windows before...

so is the PonyProg a powered device or just a fancy serial cable?
i'm thinking that maybe the software isn't supposed to actually recognise the cable as a device.
will the software let you try to program the AVR without having recognised the cable?

if no one else on here has any suggestions you could try the PonyProg forum:
http://ponyprog1.sourceforge.net/phorum/index.php

good luck!

dunk.

ed1380:
Thanks for the link. I'll try it after school

ponyprog is a piece of software.
I'll click write all and it'll pop-up missing componect. If I click ignore It'll continue and then say writing failed

ed1380:
I've tried alot of stuff and it still don't work

Can I get another pc board at RadioShack, and just solder the headers to program it, and 5v regulator, just so I can program it. or at least try.

I've ran an ohm meter and AFAIK everything that is suposed to is connected.

dunk:
you probably have this covered but when you build the stripped down circuit for programming it would be worth soldering on any capacitors that Admin suggests between the +ive and GND lines. (to help smooth any ripples in the power.)
but yes, otherwise all you need on there is the atmega8 and the power regulator.

dunk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version