General Misc > Misc

tank style robot

(1/4) > >>

jshalcott:
When i thought of a tank style robot,  i knew it was about driving but I thought about making a replica of one on a robot using a paintball gun as the gun. well i was going to configure the gun for the robot. but what i was thinking is use a servo to pull the trigger, well how would i put the servo arm back in place instead of having to go back and forth manually every single time. you know what i mean like you push the button and the servo pulls the trigger and automaticlly goes back to the first position

Somchaya:
Hmm.. from what I imagine from your description, the servo will control a finger-like device that'll actually pull the trigger. So if that's the case, firing and resetting would just be moving the servo/finger so it pulls the trigger, holding it for a second or less, then returning to another position, where the finger is off the trigger, so the regular paintball gun will reset the trigger on its own?

jshalcott:
Are you really sure the spring pushing the trigger back will have enough force to move all those gears back in place

Somchaya:
All the gears? What do u mean? The trigger of the gun should be able to reset on its own, since you can fire a paintball gun repeatedly on your own normally..

Regarding the robotic part, if you use the servo to reset the finger-device, then it wouldn't need the springs of the gun to swing back?

I may not be understanding what you mean exactly, so please tell me if I'm not making sense :)

mhalavo:
Here's how someone physically attached the servo.. it might help:

http://rctankcombat.com/tanks/T005/Page9.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version