go_away

Author Topic: DC motor for $50 robot  (Read 814 times)

Offline siddmn4u1Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
DC motor for $50 robot
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:24:49 AM »
Hi guys.

I am very new in making a robot, and this is my first time experience.

I am trying to build the $50 robot, and I'm not using servomotors for my purpose. I am using 2 DC motors instead of that. I came across few resources on the net, which gave me some information about how to use DC motors for making a robot.

First of all, I would say that I am using L293 chip for driving my motor. For the circuit I am referring to, please see the attachment.

Along with the L293D, I am using ATmega8 microcontroller. Since I couldn't buy a programmer for ATmega8, I planned to build a programmer of my own. I am still making it, and haven't completed it yet.

What I am planning is, once I build the serial programmer, I will program the ATmega8 using that, and then use it in my main circuit of the robot.

The major hurdle I am facing with moving forward with the project is that, I don't know how to interface the L293 D with ATmega8. I have the codes and softwares like AVRDUDE, WINAVR, PONYPROG, AVRSTUDIO with me.

I think that, after interfacing the L293 with ATmega8, the code already given in the SoR tutorials will not work. Is it true?  :(

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: DC motor for $50 robot
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 02:34:27 PM »
the code will not work, you are right, but with some minor modifications it will.
are you fine with the hardware, how to hook it up?
Howdy

Get Your Ad Here

data_list