Get the SoR Robotics Android App on Android Market for FREE. See this forum post for details.
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Well did you have a good time on your little adventure to the Embassy/Hope so it sounds like it would have been a Great time.
It runs on wood chips from tree trimmers and small chunk wood. And burns cleaner than most autos, very low CO emissions.
Just a quick question, if the TP3 does not look right should I stop, or continue the circuit? As of now with only the 4093 has been added.
Here are the Pictures of TP3 and TP4 It seemed that TP3 was close so I added a little more to get the TP4 signal out.
The period TP3 is high should be settable on VR1, to about half the period (at least if the test generator is adjusted to 80Hz/12.5ms - which will make it easier later on). Set it as close to 50% as possible (just by eye).
As long as this is not the case, you should wait with the components right of TP3.
When you go right of TP3, you really need to adjust the test generator period to 12.5ms, as this is the center value we need to integrate (make into a DC voltage).
I reset the test gen circuit to as close to 80Hz as possible.
Just so you know VR1 gave me no adjustment control, If it did it was so little I could barely detect it and no way could I decrease the high by half. R5=~65k, I checked VR1 it had full range but still no control over the circuit. I swapped out C2 also.
Okay Here is something, when I removed the dual trace signal from the scope and dropped the TP2 it changed the freq of TP3's "HIGH" by about half.You can see it in the last picture . It looks like that wave is pretty close to 80Hz. The scope was set at 5v/div and 5mS/div Hope it helps, that you know this info?
Is the last picture more of what your looking for?
Well I think you will be happy with this wave form. I found the problem. After pulling every gray hair and eyeballs laying on my desk I decided to check for continuity and sure enough the wire from pin 5 to pin 8 was internally broken.
Also I sent a picture of TP4 just incase TP3 was okay. After TP3 I used R6-R7 33k and Q2=new 2n4401 C3 C4 440nf then hooked scope to TP4 and this is what was on screen.
Well we have a problem. I have tried a lot of different things to achieve the wave form you are looking for at TP4.[...]I have sent a snip of the circuit change to achieve the wave form and amplitude needed.
Not good on TP4 as far as looking as it should.
Let me know what you think and Ill get back as soon as I can .. Things are a little crazy the next few days for me.
OH yes! I forgot. Didn't you now that I was the one and only MAN "numbskull"to be able to get more energy out, then what I put in? Oh Yes all you have to do is pull the little red VAR button on the vertical volts division and you can get a least 100% over unity................
I think I am having serious power supply problems. I am going to get a 12v batt set up so maybe it will clear things up.
I just keep getting all kinds of strange noise on the signal when I hook Vdd to R3 R4 and D1. TP1 and TP2 look crazy, but when I pull vdd off I get a clean signal from the test gen signal .
If you have/find a spare PC-supply it could be used
Did you think I gave up?
Anyways here is what I have for you, I had to make a couple changes, Don't roll your eyes......
The 1uF caps flattend the signal so there was no wave form I had to use 2 - 10nF for C3 and C4.
You do know that the purpose of this part IS to "flatten" the signal (make it very close to DC), right?
Please swap in the 1µF again and then measure:- The DC level, which should be around the 6V mark
In AC mode, crank up the sensitivity (V/div) until you either get the waveform to fill at least 5 or 6 divs or reach the max. sensitivity and then tell me the amplitude (or snap another photo of each measurements annotated with V/div).For the latter, please slow down the timebase to get, say, 3 to 10 full periods in each horizontal division.
When this is done, I think this part is finished and only needs to be checked for mean voltage out vs. frequency in (from eg. 75Hz to 85Hz), Input on one trace and the output on the other.
But just to let you know I did hook up both channels and when I had a input wave and output wave I fully swept VR1 on test gen circuit the output voltage only changes about .2volts. Out put signal is set on the 1v/div scale and goes Ov to .2volts.
The Test gen circuit time is changing from about 78.13HZ to 81.97HZ I cant get a 10 HZ time change from it.
Well we wont talk about the missing 5.8v from last reply. It seems the scope operator was having a lttle to many 7&7's while driving missed a switch and crashed the voltage----------- :'(
Now when I sweep VR1 on gen tester I get about a 2v swing from the output, 4v at min freq to 6volts at Max freqHere are the pictures from the Min 71.5 Hz and the Max 88.9 Hz with input and output signals together.
Started by mtnj356
Mechanics and Construction
Started by extreme.aly
Started by robofactors
Started by icy