I am having difficulties with C codes with the modified servo.
My goal is to make the servo spin:
1. Go left Counter clockwise(ccw) using OCR1A 1000 or 1ms;
2. Go right clockwise(cw) using OCR1A 2000 or 2ms ; and
3. stop. using OCR1A 1500 or 1.5ms
The theory says so but not for me
Problems I have are:
Values for OCR1A:
1. Stop: 825 stops but keep getting twitches(reset);
2. Left(ccw): 1200 goes left for one (1) seconds stop and goes again. It goes fine if I unplug it for 2 sec then put it back on; and
3. Right(cw): 540 full right(cw) no problems .
I seem to be using the right telemetry in the register.
Clock for ATMega = 1 000 000
Prescale = 1
getting 50Hz with prescale at 1 and ICR1 at 10 000
WGM13 at 1
Here is below C codes I am using. It is poor C programming but it is a start. Hope anyone could see what I am missing.
#define F_CPU 1000000UL
DDRB=(1<<PB1); //set OC1A as output pin
TCCR1A = 0x80; //set OC1A to bottom
// Ask for non-inverted PWM on OC1A and OC1B
TCCR1A = (1 << COM1A1) | (1 << COM1B1);
TCCR1B =(1<<WGM13) | (1<<CS10);//phase and frequency correct PWM | Prescaler n=1
ICR1 = 10000; //(MCU_FREQ = 1000000/(2 x n=1 x 10000)) = 50Hz
OCR1A = 2000; //initial value
Now that I have wrote this. Having a loop inserted could probably fix the reset I get every second or so.
Thank you in advance for any help I may get