* Accidently got shocked by the capacitor of a disposable camera multiple times.
* Got shocked by the main electric line when trying to repair the ground. (Somebody decided to turn the electricity back on.
* Plugged in a coil of wire into the outlet. The coil (some wire wrapped around a plastic bottle) caught on fire.
* Destroyed about 20 transistors when trying to figure out how to make an amplifier more powerful. (At low power, they die with a small click. At high power, there's a blast and a piece of plastic flies off.
* Destroyed a few powerful (30V >8000uF) capacitors by shorting them too many times.
* Hooked up a weird video port to parallel port converter to my old 486 computer. Smoke started coming out in seconds.
* When I was about 10, we had an old computer that had an "On/Off" switch. At some point, the computer happened to be on and open (the case was removed). There was a harddrive lying around and I wanted to see what will happen if I connect it to the computer while the computer is turned on.
The computer turned off... While the switch was still on "On"...
Yep, that's my story.