Society of Robots and our sponsor Dimension Engineerinng
Where? University of Maryland Campus, ~5 miles outside Washington, DC
Who? Anyone is welcome!
FREE to all! Sign up here.
*** Due to a low sign-up, the event has been canceled. =(
1. The intention of all hereafter rules are based on maximizing fun.
2. First robot physically touching out of the ring, loses. First robot that flips, loses.
3. All robots must be fully autonomous, meaning not remote controlled or tethered.
4. Vehicle Maximum Specifications
c) Mass must not exceed 1.36kg (3 pounds).
5. No weapons (this isnt battlebots!).
6. No damaging, marking, or otherwise contaminating the playing field at any time (glues, etc.). Robots unintentionally falling apart is ok.
7. Scoring method will be determined the day of competition - round robin or double elimination - by a vote of all team members on competition day.
Order of Events
First place prize has been donated by Dimension Engineering, a developer of RC and robotics related parts.
They will be donating a Sabertooth dual 5A motor driver, valued at $60.
A second place prize will be announced if there are a large number of competitors.
* If you feel a rule is too over restricting and takes away fun, please do write us.
* Judge has ultimate decision power over rules (dont worry, I prefer voting)
* I, admin, will be excluded from winning a prize and scoring. I will just compete with my sumo robot for fun. =) Why else would I give all my secrets away for?
Has this site helped you with your robot? Give us credit -
link back, and help others in the forums!
Society of Robots copyright 2005-2014