go away spammer

Author Topic: Question about Vacuum gripper or similar device as end of arm tool  (Read 5622 times)

Offline p2moonTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
I'm trying to build an end of arm tool that will pick up pop cans, water bottles, garbage, etc. I've been searching the web and I got the idea of using vacuum cups. What components would I need to build an end of arm tool with a vacuum cup. I think I need a compressed air source, a vacuum generator and a vacuum cup? I'm looking for a cheap solution so any suggestions are welcome. Non-vacuum cup ideas are also welcome.

Thanks!

Offline Kohanbash

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 1
Re: Question about Vacuum gripper or similar device as end of arm tool
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »
I might be over simplifying this but what about an hacking a used handheld vacuum.
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 01:18:01 PM »
Hi. Simplification is good... I'm looking for an easy solution. I've actually thought about this, but once you suck the object into the tubing how do you dispose of it? I don't want it to get whipped around where the fan is spinning ^^;;

Offline Kohanbash

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 1
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 01:41:21 PM »
What do you want to happen after it gets sucked in. In a hand held vacuum you can break off the "mouth" part and just have the circular opening/tube. on the back end it usually goes into a bag. you can attach or do what ever you want with the tube leading to the bag.
Robots for Roboticists Blog - http://robotsforroboticists.com/

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 02:17:53 PM »
Hmm sorry wasn't thinking...long day. The break off is what I want. I wonder if a home vacuum wil give enough suction to pick up a pop can if I have to increase the tube diameter. I'll try it out at home. Thanks for your quick response!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list