go away spammer

Author Topic: peg placing in shelves bot~  (Read 2057 times)

Offline botixTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
peg placing in shelves bot~
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:16:10 PM »
I need a bot that can hold and place a peg in the shelf but not in the same holes and not more than three holes in one self .. also , i need iit real fast!!!
it is going to be my first ever bot, plus i dont want any kits for it .It shoud be able to detect the shleves and should be able to load 8 pegs.
size of the robot should not more than 1200 centimeter square. the weight should be no more than 14 kg. any sensors can be used , and any batteries , also the bot should be ablr to adjust heights to place the pegs.
just tell me the bascis of the things required and how to put them together and also help me with the programming code.
i'll MODIFY myself!
one last thing an arm is going to be required!

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
Re: peg placing in shelves bot~
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 03:29:44 PM »
mate, one thread is enough for a topic...
making more than one doesn't get you any more attention than making one thread
if anything you get less replies because different people will only reply to one thread and
it will just confuse everyone. plus it clogs up the forum :-\
Howdy

Offline Webbot

• Expert Roboticist
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 111
    • Webbot stuff
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
@botix. Ok - so now all of your posts should come thru to this one - which is a start.

As we mentioned to you in the chat forum then you need to give a lot more info on what the robot needs to do - include a link to the competition page you are building it for. I gather yo've already done the $50 robot but, beyond that, this is your first task - and a very difficult one at that.

We, via chat, advised that YOU should come up with some suggested solutions and the members would then be more than willing to comment - but asking them for a total solution will not work. Why? Well I guess I spend 30 seconds on each new post (such as this). After that time: if I dont understand the question then I wont even reply. If the question is way too vague then I also wont reply. Also if the questions requires an entire book to answer then I also wont reply.

So you need to do a whole heapfull of research on your own first.

Dont forget that if YOU want to build a robot, then it is YOUR challenge for YOU to build. WE can help with bits'n'pieces but unless we have previously built something that does exactly what you want then we CANNOT give you a quick and total solution (else we would enter and win the same competition).

Good luck
Webbot Home: http://webbot.org.uk/
WebbotLib online docs: http://webbot.org.uk/WebbotLibDocs
If your in the neighbourhood: http://www.hovinghamspa.co.uk

Offline madchimp

• Robot Overlord
  • Helpful? 2
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »
i'll MODIFY myself!
Sounds like a good plan but unless you are an elf I don't think you will fit in the 1200 centimeter square.

Offline SmAsH

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 75
  • SoR's Locale Electronics Nut.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 08:37:22 PM »
i'll MODIFY myself!
Sounds like a good plan but unless you are an elf I don't think you will fit in the 1200 centimeter square.
what?
Howdy

Offline Ro-Bot-X

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 25
  • Store: RoBotXDesigns.ca
    • Ro-Bot-X Designs
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 08:39:52 PM »
I need a bot that can hold and place a peg in the shelf but not in the same holes and not more than three holes in one self .. also , i need iit real fast!!!
it is going to be my first ever bot, plus i dont want any kits for it .It shoud be able to detect the shleves and should be able to load 8 pegs.
size of the robot should not more than 1200 centimeter square. the weight should be no more than 14 kg. any sensors can be used , and any batteries , also the bot should be ablr to adjust heights to place the pegs.
just tell me the bascis of the things required and how to put them together and also help me with the programming code.
i'll MODIFY myself!
one last thing an arm is going to be required!

Good luck with that! I am not a robotics beginner and I still have a lot to work on to have my robot do something similar... Oh well, people think robotics is a game, hehe. You know what? Get the NXT kit and you have a chance to do it, but even then you have to learn a lot until you'll actually BE ABLE to do it!
Check out the uBotino robot controller!

Get Your Ad Here

data_list