Author Topic: New junkbot! Testing platform for future combat robot.  (Read 2540 times)

Offline blackbeardTopic starter

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
New junkbot! Testing platform for future combat robot.
« on: September 01, 2010, 11:52:47 AM »
so i've finally finished my bot in just about every way except the battery which i'll tuck under the white hood. the entire chassis is made from junk and even the back wheel gives an old pie motor a new lease on life as a ballbearing for the back wheel. the metal and plastic comes from an old monitor. the wire on the back is the antenna for the a434 receiver which is a nice little piece of electronics if you ever thought about getting one. the whole thing is built around an arduino and one of it's cursed protoshields so it's jammed in pretty good. the wheels are foam ones for model planes and the motors are gutted servos powered by an l293d quad half h bridge chip. the bottom pic is a pic of my schmidtt trigger oscillator circuit for the transmitter so i only need 1 microcontroler.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

First step: Build androids with AI
Next step: Give them vaginas

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
Re: New junkbot! Testing platform for future combat robot.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »
aww surely one of the 42 people that saw this have something to say about it :(
"sure, you can test your combat robot on kittens... But all your going to do is make kitten juice"

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 02:12:54 AM »
Good job black beard.
what method did you use to intergrate the radio module with the arduino? and what did you use on the transmitting end?

it just goes to show what robot parts are out there to use. and dont scrub up bad.

cheers

Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 4
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
Good job black beard.
what method did you use to intergrate the radio module with the arduino? and what did you use on the transmitting end?

it just goes to show what robot parts are out there to use. and dont scrub up bad.

cheers

Joker94

i have an a434 transmitter as well for the transmitting part. the way the transmitting circuit works is that i have a 74ls14 generate different frequencies based on buttons putting resistors in series and parallel. this allows me to receive the frequencies using the "pulsein" command on the arduino. a schmidtt trigger using a 74ls14 is NOT (no pun intended) accurate though and the arduino is programmed to require at least 3 pulses in within a given range before considering it a command.

Offline Joker94

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 26
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »
cool thanks, i have a module but have never tried to get it working, will have to have a go some time.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list