Author Topic: need servo and vbasic stamp help ?  (Read 4666 times)

Offline ltmhallTopic starter

• Helpful? 0
need servo and vbasic stamp help ?
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »
I’m Building an autonomous mobile robot using differential drive and have a few questions. I’m using two Hitec 422 servo motors, a Basic Stamp II (education board), two Dubro 2.75 in. wheels, and a NARP 4cm omni direction wheel.

1)   If I’m using two HS 422 servo motors and a Basic Stamp II do I need an H-bridge. I was planning on connecting my servo motors to an L293 chip then connecting the L293 to a Basic Stamp, but a classmate told me I didn’t need one, I could connect the servos straight to the Basic Stamp. Please Help!

2)   If I need to connect my servos to an H-bridge do I actually open my modified servos and connect the two pins of the motor to the H-bridge.

3)   I read a regular caster is a very great ideal for the third wheel, does anyone know a good way to mount an omni directional wheel to an aluminum chassis.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
Re: need servo and vbasic stamp help ?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:46:33 AM »
If I’m using two HS 422 servo motors and a Basic Stamp II do I need an H-bridge. I was planning on connecting my servo motors to an L293 chip then connecting the L293 to a Basic Stamp, but a classmate told me I didn’t need one, I could connect the servos straight to the Basic Stamp.

Servos have their own built in circuitry, which is why I highly recommend them. Your classmate is right, no H-bridge required. Just give the servo between 4 and 6 volts power, and a square wave signal to the signal line (which is where you connect the stamp to), and thats it!

I read a regular caster is a very great ideal for the third wheel, does anyone know a good way to mount an omni directional wheel to an aluminum chassis.

For the omniwheel castor, there are many ways to attach it. One would be get a long rod, put the omniwheel in the center, then bend the rod into a U shape. Then attach the two ends of the U to the robot chassis.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list