go away spammer

Author Topic: Need help with my final year project urgently.. HELP!!  (Read 3541 times)

Offline StressTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
Need help with my final year project urgently.. HELP!!
« on: July 19, 2007, 02:14:06 AM »
hey people .. I'm new in this forum. I'm doing my final year project and i have to complete it and present it on the 1st of August. I'm building a model of a driver seat. The idea is to move the entire seat back and front but the catch is i must move it automatically and the position can be saved ..

So far i have done building the chair. I am having problem with the electronics . For example how to build a circuit diagram and basically everything.And also how do i connect that to a laptop which i can accommodate it to Visual Basics.

Any Malaysians in this forum ... really need help urgently ..I'm stuck and failed building it repetitively .. well this is kinda my last hope!!

my mail : [email protected]

p/s : guys if you can give me a hand on this matter please do ...thanks people

Offline airman00

• Contest Winner
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 21
  • narobo.com
    • Narobo.com - Mechatronics and related
Re: Need help with my final year project urgently.. HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 04:42:14 PM »
I don't know what you know about electronics. What is the task ,I don't understand. Moving a seat forward and backward within the car?
That shouldn't be hard to do.
What exactly is your problems with your project?
Check out the Roboduino, Arduino-compatible board!

Link: http://curiousinventor.com/kits/roboduino

www.Narobo.com

Offline StressTopic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 10:42:28 AM »
Hey. Im basically building a model of a driver seat, I want to move the entire the whole chair automatically . Just the bottom. For example if the person is very tall ,he has to move the whole chair more to the back so he has more leg room. I want to build a system where he can save the position of the seat so the next time if the seat is being adjusted all the person has to do is click a button and the chair will move to the original position. Similiar to the system they have on the latest BMW driver seat. My scope will be programming the memory chip and also finding out a way how to build a circuit with the memory chip and connect the chip to my laptop so i can use Visual basic to create my interface. As for the hardware i wil use a stepper motor to move the chair. I have the sligthest idea how to connect all of the categories toghetar which is the hardware and electronics

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 11:29:40 AM »
I dont think you can make that deadline . . .

But anyway:
To control a stepper motor, you need to buy a stepper motor driver. If you get a nice driver (somewhat expensive), it should come with software to interface with your computer. Then you can just use VB to interface with that software.

Hope that helps . . . but with your limited time you dont really have any other option.

Get Your Ad Here

data_list