Author Topic: Need help compiling 50$ robot  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Eithman1Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Need help compiling 50$ robot
« on: May 05, 2009, 06:19:47 PM »
Well first off hi my name is Eithman. I'm  new to robotics but am very excited to get into it. While doing the 50$ robot tutorial I ran into a problem. On step 4 of the 50$ robot tutorial about half way down the page, I just finished adding the external make file and clicked ok. Then in the tutorial it says to compile the code but gives no information or pictures showing you how. I know I'm probably missing something obvious but I have been banging my head against the wall for an hour now and google hasn't helped at all so could any of you guys help me out and tell me how to compile it? I downloaded all the programs that were previously stated on the page so I know I'm not missing anything, can any one help?

• Helpful? 0
Re: Need help compiling 50$ robot
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »
Haha I just figured out that the compile button is in the picture and I just over looked it *slaps head*.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »
Haha well looks as though I have run into another problem. I found the compile button and compiled then did the "rebuild all", but I didn't get that message saying

Errors: None
---------End---------------
 Build succeeded with 0 warnings.......

So I figured maybe I just didn't give me the message so I went along to the next step with the ponyprog2000 and tried to do the "Open Device File" part but I couldn't find my file. I assume that is because I didn't get the

Errors: None
---------End---------------
 Build succeeded with 0 warnings.......

Does any one know where I went wrong?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
Did you ever get it to work?