Author Topic: Microcontroller problems  (Read 6621 times)

Offline polar bear6Topic starter

• Helpful? 0
Microcontroller problems
« on: April 04, 2006, 01:40:10 PM »
hey, i recently bought a microcontroller programmer, its similar too this one but not the same http://www.appsofttech.com/products/mcu/pic/images/pic17.gif

it has the things where you put the microcontroller chip thingy (the green things) but it looks a little diffrent.
bur now to the problem, i don't have any microcontrollers.
and since i like DIY (do it yourself, i found out what DIY meant yesterday :D, i live in Norway), i began to wonder if there was any microcontrollers in like old electronics.
i have found some neat IC's in old computers, but i don't know if they are programable.
so, anyone know if there are any easily accessable microcontrollers in electronics?
i can get most sort of electronics junk since i live close to a shop that steals stuff from the junkyard :D

Offline Botanic

• Helpful? 0
Re: Microcontroller problems
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 04:48:04 PM »
You might have some luck and get some programmable chips (like PIC) from big companies that give away free samples for educational purposes. You can order from www.elfa.se for example. I think that they ship to Norway also. The page is in swedish, but I think it will make sense to you.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 173
    • Society of Robots
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 06:46:18 PM »
The chips are actually fairly cheap. Not more than a few dollars.  :P

You wont be able to get them out of electronics cause they dont have the package design you need . . . meaning the programmer you bought requires the pins to go in those green thingies, but the pins on old electronics mc's are tiny things with a very different design.

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 10:03:54 AM »
what kind of electronics have the other type of programable microcontrollers?
my friend has like a programing thingy that can program that kind, i think.

you are talking about this type now right?
http://my.qxl.no/form/ViewImage.asp?auctionnr=24548125&curimgvers=0&imgcount=2&rank=1

thanks for the help  :)

• Helpful? 0
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »

Get Your Ad Here