Author Topic: First Robot,what to choose?  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Vally77Topic starter

• Beginner
  • Helpful? 0
First Robot,what to choose?
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
Hi!I want to buy my "first robot" and start programming it.I want to make him "bring me a bottle" at first.I saw the iRobot Create and I thought it was good for a start.I wanna ask you:How can I connect it to my PC other than a USB cable.Do you know another programmable robot at a similar price?Thank you.

Offline mr roboto

• Helpful? 0
    • http://legomindstormmania.com/
Re: First Robot,what to choose?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 07:53:50 PM »
I would actually recomend you build your own.
try the 50$ robot or somthing with axon to start.
maby you want to try lego mindstorms to start. then you can move on to the real thing.
if you have any questions just ask. were all happy to help ;)
I once though that my brain was the most wonderful part of my body. then i realized who was telling me this

"A question that sometimes drives me hazy, am i or are the others crazy"?
 Albert Einstein

Offline corrado33

• Supreme Robot
  • Helpful? 11
Re: First Robot,what to choose?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
I'd also recommend building something with the Axon or Axon II from this site.  It has a large support system and  webbotlib makes it REALLY easy to program.  I mean it has a program were you just click on what you want to plug into it, and it writes the difficult code for you, then you just use that code to make it do what you want.

As for connecting it to the computer.  Do you mean to program it?  Or do you mean to control it? 

If you want to control it from the computer you can use bluetooth or wifi or similar. 

Get Your Ad Here